Pictures: Orlando Carnival DowntownThe Orlando Carnival Downtown festival was held on Sunday, May 26, 2019, at Tinker Field in Orlando.
EN FOTOS: Familias viven sin electricidad en motel de KissimmeeDocenas de familias, mayormente hispanas, viven sin electricidad —y prontamente sin agua— en un motel de Kissimmee, Florida pues, a pesar de haber pagado renta, el due?o no ha pagado sus facturas de luz y agua.
- Holiday gift guide 2019: Ideas for everyone on your list’Tis the season for shopping. We've rounded up ideas for everyone on your list: Grandma and Grandpa, tiny babies, picky teenagers, broke millennials, food lovers, beer lovers and even self-lovers. Don’t go for those Black Friday or Amazon picks just yet — let our 2019 Gift Guide do the work for you. Our editorial staff compiled this report independently. Tribune Publishing may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of the affiliate links.
- Pictures: Festive home holiday lights displays in Central FloridaCentral Florida is home to a number of festive holiday lights displays put on by community members just trying to spread good cheer. Do you have that neighbor who goes all out decorating for Christmas? Do you drive past a blindingly bright display on your commute home? We want to know about the best holiday light displays in Central Florida. Submit a photo with address and family name for inclusion in this gallery and consideration for our second annual Twinkly Awards. Send submissions to [email protected]
- Pictures: Florida specialty license platesFlorida has more than 120 specialty license plates available. View the plates as well as older designs and plates no longer available.
- Pictures: Still with us: Celebrities 85 and olderCheck out actors and other notable folk who have made it deep into their golden years.
- Pictures: Holiday Gingerbread creationsThis year, the Contemporary’s holiday gingerbread display celebrates its 10th anniversary. Beach Club celebrates its 20th. And as Dec. 12 is National Gingerbread House Day, we figured we’d round up the eight amazing Disney creations you can find around the realm –— plus a couple others you might want to add to your holiday “open house” celebrations.
- Chain restaurants serving New Year’s Eve dinner 2019Even though some might believe that it’s best to spend the night at home on New Year’s Eve, there’s nothing like getting out of the house for a festive dinner to kick that celebratory spirit into overdrive. And lucky you: All of these chain restaurants will be open and serving dinner on New Year’s Eve. While several of these restaurants are staying open until midnight to ring in the new year (we’ve made note when this is the case), many are closing before then, so you can still watch the ball (or potato) drop from the comfort of your own home. And just like with Thanksgiving and Christmas, we suggest you call ahead to confirm that the location nearest to you is open before heading out, and make a reservation in advance if possible. (Dan Myers, The Daily Meal)